Five Lions to watch today as they face the Vikings at TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.
1. Right tackle LaAdrian Waddle had a rough game last week in his first game back since he injured his calf in the season opener.
2. Running back Joique Bell, who missed last week with a concussion, will return with fresh legs. If Reggie Bush doesn’t play (he’s questionable) Bell will carry much of the load getting some help from George Winn and Theo Riddick.
3. Wide receiver Corey Fuller could be the one to stretch the field with Calvin Johnson (he’s doubtful) expected to be out. Fuller has the speed to zip downfield fast.
4. Quarterback Matthew Stafford, who was sacked six times last week, could look to make quicker decisions to get rid of the ball faster and stay upright.
5. Cornerback Rashean Mathis is possibly having a career year and he’s 34. He had a pick six last week against Kyle Orton.