Five Detroit Lions to watch as Detroit (3-1) faces the Buffalo Bills (2-2) today at Ford Field:
1. Reggie Bush is expected to carry a heavy load in the run game with Joique Bell and Theo Riddick out. He’s up for it.
2. Running back George Winn is likely to get at least a few carries in his first NFL regular season game. He was impressive in the preseason and the coaches said he’s improved in practice.
3. Tight end Eric Ebron should again be more involved in the offense with Joe Fauria still out with an ankle injury. Ebron scored his first touchdown last Sunday in the win over the Jets. He was on the field for 51 percent of the offensive snaps, more than any of the first three games.
4. LaAdrian Waddle will start at right tackle. He’s been out since early in the opener with a calf strain. In that game, Matthew Stafford was sacked once. Since Waddle and Corey Hilliard have been out the past three games, Stafford has been sacked 10 times. It’s not all on the offensive line, but it should be a boost to get Waddle back.
5. Cornerback Don Carey is back after sitting out a week ago with a hamstring. Against the Packers he had a fumble return in his second snap of the season.