Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

9/04/2014

Detroit Lions Ndamukong Suh on J.J. Watt's deal, possible impact


ALLEN PARK — Ndamukong Suh didn’t have much to say about J.J. Watt’s six-year $100 millions extension after Thursday’s practice.

It was the first time the Detroit Lions’ defensive tackle has talked to the media since Watt, the Houston Texans defensive end, inked the deal.

He just wouldn't say if he thinks the Watt deal will impact his next contract.

“I think at the end of the day regardless of a great player like J.J., obviously very dominant in his position, great leader for his team, deserves all the money he gets,’’ Suh said.

But he would not talk about whether that will have an impact on his contract and whether it means he’ll get more money.

“I have no clue,’’ Suh said. “The contract stuff, talk to my agent.’’

Suh is signed through this season and talks for an extension were tabled before training camp.

“At all levels, all defensive players, all offensive players deserve what they get,’’ Suh said. “J.J., like I said, is an exceptional player, Pro Bowl, all Pro guy, defensive player of the year guys. He certainly deserves what he gets paid.’’

Suh was asked if he is the best defensive player in football.

“I think I play hard, go out there and help my team win games,’’ Suh said. “That’s my goal every single day to go out there and compete, play as hard as I can and help my team win.’’

(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Order her book,  “100 Things Lions Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die’’ here. It’s also available at bookstores.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home