ALLEN PARK — The whole Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito situation with the Miami Dolphins is subject matter in every NFL locker room this week.
The Lions have rules and hazing is not an issue.
Martin has left the team while Incognito has been suspended. The NFL has appointed a independent special counsel to investigate.
At least a few of Lions know Martin and Incognito.
That includes Reggie Bush who played in Miami in 2011 and 2012.
“I’ve been asked that question a few times and I have chosen not to comment directly on (Incognito) as a person,’’ Bush said on Wednesday. “My time there spent in Miami, I really enjoyed it.
“We had a leadership counsel and it was me, Davone Bess, Jake Long and Karlos Dansby. All guys who aren’t there anymore,’’ Bush said.
It was just a statement, but perhaps that’s the issue. Perhaps missing veteran leadership figures into the problem. Incognito was on that leadership council this year, not last year.
“Obviously, the situation that is going on is unfortunate. Any time a guy gets pushed to that level of not wanting to play football, there’s something that has to be done. I think it’s something the NFL and we can all learn from,’’ Bush said.
Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson didn’t want to speculate on details of the situation, but he knows Incognito.
“I know Richie, I worked out with him and from the take I had on him as a player and friend he was a good dude,’’ Burleson said. “As far as the details going on down there I can’t speak on them.’’