Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

9/06/2013

Detroit Lions: Ziggy Ansah hopeful he'll play Sunday


ALLEN PARK — Ziggy Ansah said he’s not sure if he will play on Sunday.

“I’m hopeful but that’s coach’s decision,’’ the Lions rookie defensive end said after Friday’s practice.

Coach Jim Schwartz and defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham were mum on whether Ansah will play on Sunday against the Vikings.

Friday  was the second day he was allowed to participate after suffering a concussion on Aug. 24 and it was the first time he had spoken to the media.

“Whatever happened, happened I don’t really want to talk about it,’’ Ansah said. “I’m just glad I’m back on the field and being able to practice.’’

He wouldn’t say if he’s been cleared for contact following his first concussion.

On Thursday he was listed on the injury report as limited for practice.

Ansah, who was expected to start at right defensive end, said he did not lose conditioning during his recovery.

“From my standpoint whatever happens happens, if I’m allowed to play I will. If not I’lll be on the sideline supporting my team,’’ Ansah said.

If he doesn’t play expect Willie Young to step in, getting his first start.

Note: Re-live the Lions’ past through a great collection of photos throughout the years. Click here.

(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Order her book,  “100 Things Lions Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die’’ here. It’s also available at bookstores.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home