Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

2/27/2011

NFL Combine: CB Brandon Harris has something to prove

INDIANAPOLIS -- Patrick Peterson (LSU) and Prince Amukamara (Nebraska) are considered the top two cornerbacks in this draft class and could both be top 10 picks. Many experts think there’s a drop-off after that.

Brandon Harris, a cornerback from the University of Miami (Fla.), would like to prove that he belongs with the big guys.

Harris, whose stock has fallen after a disappointing showing in the Sun Bowl, has talked casually with the Detroit Lions and said he has a meeting set up with them here at the NFL Combine. Cornerback is one of the positions of need for the Lions.

“I’ve watched Prince and I’ve watched Patrick Peterson for a while now. They’re two great cornerbacks. Make no mistake about it they’re great guys. I just think making as many plays as they’re making they’re getting the credit they deserve. A lot of us may not have the numbers or the physical stature of those guys, we just have to come out here and show what we can do at the Combine and show everybody this is not a two-person DB class but we are skilled, we can play,’’ Harris said on Sunday morning.

He said the decision to come out early was made by he and his parents. His dad, Tim Harris, coached him in high school and was USA Today's national coach of the year in 2007.

“I told them we have a great opportunity in front of us. I’ve worked my tail off ever since I was small at this game of football I love,’’ Harris (5-11, 195 pouonds) said. “It’s always been my goal to play at the next level and this is the highest level of football my parents supported me and said let’s go for it.’’

(Follow me on Twitter @PaulaPasche.)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home