Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

2/26/2011

NFL Combine: Ryan Mallett has no regrets about transfer from Michigan

INDIANAPOLIS -- Quarterback Ryan Mallett has no regrets about transferring from Michigan to Arkansas upon the arrival of coach Rich Rodriguez.

“I had a great experience at Michigan, I met a lot of great people -- coach (Lloyd) Carr, coach (Scot) Loeffler -- one of the main reasons I went there. It was a great experience for me, I learned a lot of things,’’ Mallett said during his media appearance Saturday at the NFL Combine.

"The transition was because of the offense. When I left to go to Arkansas, coach Rodriguez had Denard (Robinson) do what he wanted to do. Obviously if you watch me play I can’t do that. So I thought it was best if I went somewhere else.’’

He said he spoke to Rodriguez for about 10 minutes.

“We decided it would be best if I didn’t stay,’’ Mallett said.

Mallett, who played for Carr at Michigan as a true freshman behind Chad Henne, is generally considered to be one of the top five quarterbacks in the upcoming draft.

Rumors have been spreading about character issues, but he dismissed them.

“Ask the coaches, ask the peoples I’ve worked with before, if you want to know about my character they’ll tell you,’’ Mallett said.

(Follow me on Twitter @PaulaPasche.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home