Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

2/25/2011

MSU's Mark Dell aims to stand out in deep receiver draft class

INDIANAPOLIS -- This year’s draft is expected to be deep at wide receiver, so Mark Dell know he has to find a way to stand out.

Dell, who played at Farmington Hills Harrison and Michigan State, turned to former Spartan Javon Ringer to give him some pointers on the NFL Combine.

“He gave me good advice. He said don’t be overwhelmed, just be relaxed, sell myself, don’t try to be anyone I’m not,’’ said Dell, one of four Spartans at the Combine.

It’s not unusual for Michigan State to be represented by a wide receiver.

“I would like to think so we’ve had a lot of great wide receivers come out of Michigan State, they have a lot of great receivers still to come,’’ Dell said.

He’s not sure why Michigan State has such a tradition at receiver, but he’s happy to be a part of it.

“I guess they just recruit well. You have a lot of great receivers -- like Plaxico (Burress), Derrick Mason, Muhsin Muhammad, Blair White, Devin Thomas, myself, B.J. Cunningham next year. There’s a lot of great guys there,’’ Dell said.

Dell said one of his strengths that he tries to sell is his work ethic.

“I’m a hard worker, just me as a player, as a person. There’s a lot of off-the-field things they want to know about family background and things like that. Just telling them I’m a good character guy, how great of a player I am, how hard of a worker I am,’’ said Dell who is expected to be a late-round pick if drafted.

The other Spartans here at the Combine are tight end Charlie Gantt, linebacker Greg Jones and cornerback Chris L. Rucker.

(Follow me on Twitter @PaulaPasche.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't Mark participate in the drills?

8:11 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home