Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

2/20/2009

Stafford, Sanchez meet with the media

More to come later, but quarterbacks Matt Stafford and Mark Sanchez just got done meeting with the media here in Indianapolis. Stafford said his meeting with Lions brass went well Thursday night and Sanchez said he met for lunch yesterday with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.

Stafford was asked why the Lions should take him with the No. 1 pick.

“It's not up to me to say," he said. "I think I'm doing everything I can to prove to people that I'm a good football player and worthy of the pick and if that so happens to be the first pick of the Detroit Lions I'd be more than happy to be there and come and play and try to turn that thing around. It's obviously not up to me. It'd be a great honor to be picked first, no question. I would love to have that synonymous with my name for a long time but it's not a do or die. I'm going to play football in this league some place and it's not where you get drafted it's where you take your career from there.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comparatively speaking, Stafford goes out with the whole brass and Sanchez meets for lunch with the offensive coordinator. Sounds like one is highly ranked and the other has No. 20 overall pick written all over him.

1:01 PM 
Blogger Paula Pasche said...

Don't read too much into that. I think Stafford is at the top of the board right now, but the Lions will do the same diligence with Sanchez they're doing with Stafford. Time dictates a lot in Indy. Sanchez also is scheduled for the normal 15-minute session with Lions coaches tomorrow. I'm comfortable in saying both quarterbacks are still in the mix for No. 1.

1:14 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home