Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

2/19/2009

Blogging the combine: Alex Mack

Cal center Alex Mack, the top interior lineman in the draft, said he met with some members of the Lions at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., last month.

“They just wanted to get to know me and see where I was and what I could bring to a team and if I would work hard and if I was a player that they could count on being there in the offseason to work out,” Mack said. “I told them, yeah. At Cal, it would be before optional summer workout started, I'd be there working out to get ready for the optional stuff.”

Mack, a late first- or early-second-round pick, sprained his right ankle in workouts last week and will not run Saturday.

“No one's more disappointed than I am,” he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home