Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

10/19/2008

Week 7 picks

If you've followed my picks at all this year you know I haven't been the best at predicting Lions games. I said they'd lose big last week and it was a two-point game. I expected a little Matt Millen bounce against the Bears and it was a blowout. I thought they'd cover on the road at San Francisco and Mike Martz had his way.

This week I'm going with Houston to cover the 9 1/2 point spread because I don't think the Lions have the offense to stay with the Texans. Calvin Johnson might get loose for a touchdown. Dan Orlovsky will do his best to manage the game. The Texans lead the NFL in turnovers. Still, I'm not sure the Lions have more than three scores in them -- with a couple of those being field goals. My pick: Houston 27-13.

Now for the rest of my picks. As always, choices are against the spread and home teams are in caps:

Home covers you can't deny
BUFFALO minus-1 over San Diego
CHICAGO minus-3 over Minnesota
CAROLINA minus-3 over New Orleans
NY GIANTS minus-10 1/2 over San Francisco
TAMPA BAY minus-10 1/2 over Seattle
NEW ENGLAND minus-3 over Denver

Home dogs that bite
OAKLAND plus-3 over NY Jets

Road warriors laying with love
Pittsburgh minus-9 1/2 over CINCINNATI
Dallas minus 7 1/2 over ST. LOUIS
Indianapolis minus-1 1/2 over GREEN BAY

Don't need 'em, but I'll take 'em
Baltimore plus-3 over MIAMI

Points only please
KANSAS CITY plus-9 over Tennessee
Cleveland plus-7 1/2 over WASHINGTON

Record: 8-6 last week, 42-43-2 overall

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

once again i'm gonna go against conventional wisdom and pick the lions to win....the curse has been slowly dissipating since millen left, and i say that today the lions get their first win. don't know how they'll do it, but i just got THAT feeling.

go lions!!!!

11:20 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home