Detroit Lions: Ten quick hits after final day of minicamp
|Lions offensive line works at Thursday's minicamp.|
- Calvin Johnson said he feels good and is a good place right now. He’s participated in all three days of minicamp.
- Matthew Stafford said no question the offense has taken strides forward and now they have to continue it and bring it back to get going at training camp in six weeks.
- Stafford also said he doesn’t think much about the playoff loss at Dallas. “In this business If you’re thinking about what was you have issues. You have to think about obviously be present and try to get better that day and think about what’s ahead of you, what’s coming up,’’ Stafford said.
- Jason Jones was absent for third straight day. Coach Jim Caldwell would not be specific on the injury but said it’s been taken care of.
- No big surprises on the field on Thursday. Still heavy rotations.
- Manny Ramirez takes reps at starting left guard. First-round pick Laken Tomlinson will have to beat him to earn the start. Michael Williams was at right tackle with the starters. Cornelius Lucas and LaAdrian Waddle remain out.
- Owner Martha Firestone Ford was on the sidelines watching for the second time in three days.
- Darius Slay picked off a pass from Matthew Stafford intended for Golden Tate. It was a rare interception for Stafford.
- Working on returns were Ryan Broyles, TJ Jones, Ameer Abdullah and Lance Moore.
- Caldwell wouldn’t share his thoughts on sending the team off for six weeks. But says his line on the “low cost of high living” is a constant reminder.