It’s not do-or-die, but it’s close. The Lions (2-4) are playing just their third home game of the season and need a win to stop the bleeding. Here are five things the Lions must do to beat the Seattle Seahawks ( 4-3) on Sunday at Ford Field.
1. Defense must play as tough as they did against the Bears on Monday night. They can’t relax just because the Seahawks’ offense ranks 30th in the NFL.
2. Put pressure on quarterback Russell Wilson. He’s a rookie. He is a scrapper though and has thrown game-winning touchdowns in the final two minutes in wins over Green Bay and New England,
3. Hang onto the ball. Hang onto the ball. Hang onto the ball.
4. Get the ball to Calvin Johnson. Matthew Stafford doesn’t care about statistics, just wins. That’s all good. But the more Johnson gets the ball usually the more wins the Lions will accumulate. Of course, Johnson can’t have a drop in the wide-open spaces either.
5. Be aggressive on offense from the get-go.
Prediction: Lions 31, Seahawks 23
(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter.)