Five things the Lions need to do to beat the Tennessee Titans at Nashville on Sunday:
1. Give Mikel Leshoure the ball and let’s see what he can do. He’s a bit of an unknown since he hasn’t played for almost two years due to a torn Achilles’ followed by a two-game suspension. He swears he’s 100 percent.
2. Go deep. This was just attempted a few times in San Francisco and with good reason due to the 49ers defense. Matthew Stafford’s downfield passes can be game changers.
3. Even with cornerback Chris Houston and Bill Bentley back, the secondary could use a little more help from the front seven. The Titans’ offensive line has a few holes which should make it easier for the Lions’ defensive line to add more pressure. Ndamukong Suh has 2.5 sacks in two games, but rates his play as average. We’ll take average from him, but some of his linemates have to step up.
4. Tackle well. It was not an issue in the win over the Rams, it was certainly a problem in the loss to the 49ers.
5. Get the ball to Calvin Johnson.
Prediction: Lions 34, Titans 21