5 things Lions must do to beat Broncos
Five things the Lions (5-2) must do to beat the Denver Broncos (2-4) at Mile High Stadium on Sunday:
1. Offensively get off to a quicker start. They have been able to dig themselves out of large deficits (Minnesota, Dallas) but they’ve been on the short end the last two Sundays. The defenses they see when they take the field are not the defenses they’ve seen on film. The offense must adjust more quickly to the changes.
2. The defense must prevent the long runs. It doesn’t matter if the defense stops the run 90 percent of the time, they cannot allow the occasional bursts for 40 or 50 yards. Just can’t.
3. Rattle quarterback Tim Tebow early and often. He’s not experienced, perhaps a face full of Ndamukong Suh and Corey Williams would shake him up, especially early. Also stop him on the run.
4. Special teams must step up, especially the coverage units. Field position will be key for the Broncos so no long returns should be tolerated.
5. It’s not all about the attitude, but it’s important. Go hungry, play full-out on every snap. Prove that something’s been learned during the last two losses.
Prediction: Lions 24, Broncos 10.
(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Get Lions news delivered directly to your phone by texting the keyword "Lions" to 22700. Msg & Data Rates May Apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel.)