5 things we learned from Lions loss to Falcons
Five things we learned from Lions’ 23-16 loss to Atlanta on Sunday.
1. Matthew Stafford must get better protection. He was sacked three times, it only seemed like more. After the loss to the 49ers the offensive line knew they had to step up. Sacks are not all the fault of the offensive line, but they have to step up and give Stafford time.
2. The defense is having trouble stopping the run. It’s grand they hold opponents to about 2 yards per gain until they blast through for the big run. Unacceptable.
3. Maurice Morris and Keiland Williams combined for 94 rushing yards. No word on if Jahvid Best will be back from his concussion on Sunday.
4. For all the talk, the defensive line needs to get more pressure on opposing quarterbacks. They had four sacks on Sunday, but they need more pressure. Also they need to play clean. Touch a facemask and a guy in a striped shirt will see it. Just saying.
5. The Falcons are whining that Ndamukong Suh and Cliff Avril were taunting Matt Ryan when he was down. Good for them. This is the NFL, no room for sissies.
(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Get Lions news delivered directly to your phone by texting the keyword "Lions" to 22700. Msg & Data Rates May Apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel.)