Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

6/08/2011

Lighter Pettigrew joins Lions workouts

BEVERLY HILLS — Brandon Pettigrew made his first appearance at one of the Lions’ informal workouts on Wednesday.

It’s the new Pettigrew actually. The 6-foot-5 tight end has dropped 10 pounds going down to 255.

“I like this 255, being able to move on strength drills,’’ Pettigrew said. “Speed kills and I still think I can get it done in the blocking game.’’

“I like to eat, I just had to stop eating. I eat my three meals,’’ said Pettigrew who was a first-round pick (20th overall) in 2009.

He cut out fast food and tried not to eat so late into the night.

Pettigrew has some work to do on his game and he knows it.

“My biggest thing is right now I’m just trying to be consistent. That’s how I want people to see me, when they see my consistency, confidence from the quarterback knowing that’s my go-to guy. I’m just trying to build that with the quarterbacks,’’ Pettigrew said.

Last year it wasn’t that way with drops, missed blocks and busted assignments.

“That’s a bad label to have. I definitely had some balls I dropped last year on crucial third downs,’’ Pettigrew said. “I don’t want that on me.’’

He was one of about 30 Lions to participate in Wednesday’s session. The Lions will continue their workouts on Thursday and Friday.

(Follow me on Twitter @PaulaPasche.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home