5 things Lions must do to beat Cowboys
If the Lions (2-7) hope to snap their 25-game road losing streak, they have to take care of business on all fronts. Five things they must do to beat the Cowboys (2-7):
1. Run the ball. Heard this before? The stalled running game has been an issue all season. It just gets tougher today because the Lions will be without Kevin Smith who had thumb surgery this week. Aaron Brown should take advantage of this opportunity. Will he?
2. Protect quarterback Shaun Hill. He was sacked just once last week, the offensive line must keep that up. Each member of the line had a false start or hold penalty last week and it could be because more than ever they knew Hill had to be protected. He had been cleared by doctors, but even a few of his teammates admitted they knew he was playing with a broken arm.
3. Get the ball to Calvin Johnson. Seriously.
4. Pressure Cowboys quarterback Jon Kitna who will be getting his second start. The Cowboys have been better passing than running, don’t let them get started.
5. Stop the big play. Just one can long run or pass can kill any hopes of a win. We’ve seen it all season.
Prediction: Cowboys 28, Lions 24