Five things to watch in Lions game at Denver
Five things to watch in the Lions preseason game tonight at Denver:
1. Keep an eye on LB Zack Follett. Last week was his first start at LB and while he was physical, he was also thinking too much. He did well enough that he’s still practicing with the starters. Look for improvement tonight.
2. Watch to see if Ndamukong Suh is double-teamed by Broncos’ offensive line. The Steelers did it last week and certainly it was a sign of respect for the first-round pick. Still when Suh is double-teamed, it just give Corey Williams more room to operate.
3. The return game is still very much a work in progress. Derrick Williams called a fair catch on the 3-yard line last week, but still was part of the return rotation in camp this week. T.J. Rushing, who was signed this week, could get in on a few returns. He returned kicks for the Colts last season.
4. The battle at right tackle between Gosder Cherilus and Jon Jansen is not over. Last week at Pittsburgh, Cherilus got the start. But all week in camp they alternated lining up with the ones.
5. Rookie safety Randy Phillips had a good game last week, it will be interesting to see if he can follow that up with another good showing. He slipped through the cracks and was undrafted, but the Lions like him.
(Follow me on Twitter @paulapasche.)