Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

4/22/2010

Lions' Suh expects to make immediate impact

ALLEN PARK — Ndamukong Suh said he didn’t know that Detroit was drafting him until his cell phone rang after the Rams took Sam Bradford with the top pick.

“Coach (Jim) Schwartz was very happy and eager to tell me I was going to become a part of the Detroit Lions. It put a smile on my face,’’ Suh said in a conference call on Thursday night about 90 minutes after he was selected by the Lions.

The 6-foot-4 defensive tackle from Nebraska is confident he can come in and make an immediate impact on the defensive line. He appreciates the fact he’ll be working alongside veteran DE Kyle Vanden Bosch, who coincidentally is also a Cornhusker.

Suh said it doesn’t bother him that he is coming to a team that was 2-14 last season. He was in a similar situation in college.

“It doesn’t bother me at all, I went to Nebraska knowing they were coming off a not very good season in 2004, not going to a bowl game and so forth. I think our class came in and turned that around. ... I think I can come in and help the Detroit Lions organization do the same thing,’’ Suh said.

The fans who wanted the Lions to draft him, are counting on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home