Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

9/09/2009

Feasting on Stafford

Sports talk radio in this town feasts off Lions quarterbacks. Starter Matthew Stafford is no different. It’s nothing personal. It’s the deal with every Lions quarterback and every Red Wings goalie. Has been for years.  In almost every case, it seems the backup is deemed the better player. (Or maybe it’s just me.)

Stafford’s every twitch will be analyzed and often criticized, but he won’t hear it. “I don’t listen and I’m never going to make everyone happy. That’s the way it is and I understand that,’’ Stafford said. “I’m going to go out and do the best I can and go about my business.’’

— PAULA PASCHE

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I agree with you on that one.

8:26 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear some of the Saints' defensive unit is yapping about Stafford as "fresh meat". Must be hurricane season in Louisiana as it seems like there is a lot of hot air blowing down there.
At least Reggie Bush got smart and gave the Lions a little respect in an interview.
Could be more of a game than a lot of folks think.

10:53 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home