Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

2/21/2009

Hoyer confident he'll have a strong combine

Michigan State quarterback Brian Hoyer has seen his stock rise in recent weeks. He had a strong showing during practice for the East-West Shrine Game and could emerge as the top senior quarterback, a mid-round pick, when he showcases his strong arm in position drills tomorrow.

“Going out and throwing, I feel that's going to benefit me a lot because I feel like that's one of the strong points of my game is going out and just throwing the ball around the field,” Hoyer said. “You've covered us and I think you'd agree, I have a strong arm and I can go out there and show these guys what I do. I feel like I have good footwork, so get back in my drop and let the thing go.”

Hoyer said he's met with “20 to 25” teams between the East-West game and individual interviews here in Indianapolis. He spent about 15 minutes with Lions quarterbacks coach Jeff Horton on Friday.

“The East-West week really helped me boost my stock,” Hoyer said. “I had a lot of criticism with my stock dropping off, completion percentage, so to build myself back up with a good week at the East-West game, coming out here and performing well and throwing well at my pro day, that would mean a lot to be the first senior quarterback taken. That's saying something, especially with the guys that are coming out from the junior class, Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman is a huge kid with a big arm and Nate Davis.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home