The Lions are in the playoffs, thanks to the Eagles loss to the Redskins on Saturday night. Still today’s game against the Chicago Bears is important in the quest to win the NFC North. Detroit roasted the Bears on Thanksgiving, today they’ll go for the sweep.
Here are five keys for the Lions:
1. Jimmy Clausen, who hasn’t started a game since 2010, should be easy to rattle especially with the Detroit Lions’ defensive line. They should go after him early and often to get him off his game.
2. Don’t take Clausen lightly. Yes his last start was in 2010 when he was 1-9 for the Carolina Panthers. Still, there’s a reason the Bears are going with him over Jay Cutler.
3. Stop the run. With Clausen in at quarterback, expect plenty of rushing attempts from Matt Forte and the rest. Make the Bears one-dimensional because chances are Clausen is not going to throw for 480 yards.
4. The weather forecast is for 38 degrees and sunny -— practically spring in Chicago. So the Lions’ passing game should be operational.
5. Get the ball to Calvin Johnson he had 146 receiving yards and two touchdowns the last time these two teams met on Thanksgiving. Will the Bears change up their coverage? You would think, but then the Lions will just have to figure it out.
Prediction: Lions 45, Bears 9