Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

5/21/2014

Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh said he could have gone elsewhere when he was drafted


ALLEN PARK — Ndamukong Suh had a chance end the noise about his absence for the first several week of offseason workouts on Wednesday.

Instead he opened a new can of worms.

The Detroit Lions defensive tackle, who is signed through 2014, said he wants to return to Detroit. The Lions and his agent are working on an extension.

He said he wouldn’t have had to come to Detroit when he was drafted No. 2 overall in 2010.

“Probably a lot of you guys don’t know, I could have gone elsewhere when I was drafted. Had that decision in my hands. I chose not to take it because that’s just the way I saw it,’’ Suh said after OTAs on Wednesday.

Jaws dropped.

He was asked to clarify.

"There’s many ways to do things. You can drop down in the draft, you can move up,’’ Suh said. “It is my choice. It is for sure, my choice. But like I said, that’s water under the bridge. I’m here in Detroit, I’m happy to be here in Detroit."

A request has been made for a comment by general manager Martin Mayhew.

Suh said he heard the criticism about his absence, but said this has been his timetable every season.

“Consistency I always go back home I’ve been doing it for I don’t know how long since I’ve been in the league,’’ Suh said. “I’ve been in a great program one that’s dialed in for me and what’s best for my body to have longevity which has been proven I haven’t missed many games if any at all.’’

(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Order her book,  “100 Things Lions Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die’’ here. It’s also available at bookstores.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home