Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

5/23/2013

Detroit Lions: Reggie Bush, Matthew Stafford and more from OTAs


The Detroit Lions’ OTA (organized team activity) session on Wednesday was open to the media. Here are five of the more interesting quotes from players and coach Jim Schwartz:

1. Matthew Stafford on going from 41st to 76th this year on the NFL Network’s top 100 NFL players list: “I don’t need that to motivate me, honestly. It’s not a big deal to me.’’

2. Reggie Bush on moving to Detroit from Miami: “I came here to work, I didn’t come here to vacation. I came here to win championships and win football games. And that’s what I look forward to doing.’’

3. Safety Glover Quin on what he sees from new teammates: “Oh yeah, definitely a chip on the shoulder. Guys are hungry, guys are ready to go, guys are working hard each and every day. That’s a good thing. Coming off a season like last year, this is where it starts.’’

4. Coach Jim Schwartz on absence of Louis Delmas from OTAs: “He’s not here right now, going through this stuff, but there’s nothing that he could get out of this because he can’t physically do the stuff that we’re doing right now.’’

5. Reggie Bush on his welcome by Lions’ fans: “The reception has been great so far, like you said, I had a steak named after me already. ... It’s been a really neat experience. The reception has been second to none and, like I said, I look forward to getting into that stadium as soon as possible.’’ (Follow @ReggieBush on Twitter. He has 2.8 million followers.)

(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Order her book,  “100 Things Lions Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die’’ here. It’s also available at bookstores.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home