Five things learned about the Lions this week
Five things we learned about the Lions this week:
1. Gunther Cunningham, the defensive coordinator, is smiling more than usual. He even admitted it himself. No matter what fans may think, he’s not afraid to say it — he loves his cornerback situation.
2. Left guard Rob Sims isn’t the only Lion who beefed up (on purpose) in the offseason. Cornerback Aaron Berry is bigger at least in Cunningham’s eyes.
3. Nick Fairley took a big step toward healing by issuing an apology on Facebook. It’s a start.
4. Titus Young is a bit of a goofball. Oh wait, we already knew that. The wide receiver tried to explain himself and move on from his fight with Louis Delmas that kept him out of OTAs for a while. He was smiling and ready to move on.
5. It’s hard to evaluate offensive linemen during OTAs which are non-contact. But offensive coordinator Scott Linehan has seen enough from first-round pick Riley Reiff (who has practiced at right and left tackle, not at guard) to say he will play “very early.” Still they love Jeff Backus and Jim Schwartz has said they think Backus has more left in his tank.
(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Get Lions news delivered directly to your phone by texting the keyword "Lions" to 22700. Msg & Data Rates May Apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel