Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

4/17/2012

Leshoure update, courtesy of Burleson

ALLEN PARK — The latest news we have of Lions RB Mikel Leshoure was of his two marijuana possession charges in February and March.

Until now.

Wide receiver Nate Burleson talked about Leshoure on Tuesday.

“I’m a big fan of Leshoure. Like I said, he was one of the most ready rookies I’ve seen since I’ve been in the league and that’s 10 years. If he can get healthy, he told me (Monday), ‘I’m going to take my time and heal up, but I’m going to be ready for the season.’

“I don’t want to speak on his behalf. If that is true, he’s going to help us a lot in that running game,’’ Burleson added.

After rupturing an Achilles’ tendon in training camp last year Leshoure missed his entire rookie season. Lions management has been optimistic he’ll be ready to go in the fall.

(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Get Lions news delivered directly to your phone by texting the keyword "Lions" to 22700. Msg & Data Rates May Apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home