Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

1/21/2011

Lions' Delmas recognized for charitable work

Lions safety Louis Delmas makes plenty of noise on the field, but now he will be recognized for his work off the field.

Delmas wil be honored at the inaugural Unsung Athlete Awards Gala on Feb. 3, the Thursday prior to the Super Bowl in Dallas.

Fifteen NFL professional athletes, current and retired will be honored for their inconspicuous yet outstanding service provided through their individual charities. Braylon Edwards of the N.Y. Jets, who played at Michigan, will also be honored.

“I am very honored to be recognized for my achievements off the field, and to be selected with an elite group of current and past NFL athletes makes me appreciate the award even more. Although I play in the NFL, I will never forget about my struggles before getting to where I am today, and to receive an award for something that comes naturally is greatly appreciated” Delmas said.

The awards gala has been coordinated by TPM Charity Events Management and the Retired Professional Football Players of Dallas to honor and celebrate the community efforts of NFL players off the field.

(Follow me on Twitter @PaulaPasche.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home