5 things Lions must do to beat Packers
The Packers have won the last 10 matchups with the Lions, including the 28-26 win on Oct. 3 at Lambeau Field. Here are five things the Lions must do to have a chance to beat the Packers.
1. Limit the damage from quarterback Aaron Rodgers who has led the Packers to the sixth-best passing offense in the NFL. Don’t let him kill with the long bomb.
2. Run the ball. Last week the Lions were able to stay in the game against the Bears because they run the ball effectively. Jahvid Best had his best game since Week 2.
3. Quarterback Drew Stanton needs to stay the course. He was efficient and effective last week in part because he wasn’t intercepted. He should be more comfortable this week.
4. Get the ball to Calvin Johnson as often as possible.
5. Stay resilient. Don’t give the game away in the fourth quarter. Just saying.
Prediction: Packers 28, Lions 24