Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

8/09/2010

Lions' Delmas returns to practice

ALLEN PARK -- Louis Delmas is back. The Lions safety, who had been on the physically unable to perform list since the start of camp a week ago, took part in individual drills Monday morning.

Delmas injured his groin late in June at the Lions minicamp. The best medicine was rest, ice and treatment. He had been out on the practice field each day watching practice.

Monday was a big step in his progression.

“I came out warmed up extra early just so if it was kind of sore I wouldn’t go out there and have any tweaks. It felt great,’’ Delmas said.

Coach Jim Schwartz said he will work him in gradually. Delmas said he hopes to participate in position drills on Tuesday.

It’s too early to determine if he will play in the preseason opener on Saturday at Pittsburgh.

Delmas is just glad to be on the field.

“I was very frustrated. You know me, I’m very energetic I love to be out here,’’ Delmas said.

(Follow me on Twitter @paulapasche.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home