Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

11/20/2008

Furrey better; Lions blacked out again

Mike Furrey ran pass routes during individual drills, did a mile on the treadmill and lifted weights Thursday, and if he's symptom-free Friday and Saturday he intends to play Sunday against Tampa Bay.

Furrey suffered a concussion on the opening kickoff of the Lions' Nov. 9 loss to Jacksonville. He played the rest of the first half, but got sick at halftime and missed last week's loss to Carolina.

“This is the first day that I haven't had any symptoms after I worked out or just throughout the day,” Furrey said after practice Thursday. “The doctors wanted me to run pretty hard today to see if I'll have any repercussions of it tomorrow because that's what happened last week. I ran real hard on Thursday, I felt good. Got done running, started getting a little sick and then I woke up Friday and that was the worst it's been since I got hit. Hopefully tomorrow we wont have anything and then hopefully I'll practice tomorrow and Saturday won't have anything from that and I'll be cleared to go on Sunday.”

Center Dominic Raiola did not practice again Thursday and may miss his third straight game with a broken right thumb.

The Lions will be blacked out locally for the third straight time this weekend. Oakland (against Carolina two weeks ago) is the only other team to have a blackout this year. Just under 7,000 tickets remain for Sunday's game and can be purchased at the Ford Field box office or DetroitLions.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home