Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

10/05/2008

Week 5 NFL picks

I said in a web video segment I did earlier this week with Fox 2's Woody Woodriffe that the Lions would beat the Bears today, 21-20, and I can't go away from that now. I guess I'm expecting a little bit of a Matt Millen bounce at home before the Lions resort to losing football on the road next week.

That means I'm taking the Lions plus 3 1/2 points to beat the Bears. Here's the rest of my Week 5 picks. As always, picks are against the spread and home teams are in caps:

Home covers you can't deny
PHILADELPHIA minus-6 1/2 over Washington
GREEN BAY minus-3 1/2 over Atlanta
NY GIANTS minus-7 over Seattle
DENVER minus-3 1/2 over Tampa Bay
ARIZONA minus-1 1/2 over Buffalo
JACKSONVILLE minus-5 1/2 over Pittsburgh

Home dogs that bite
BALTIMORE plus-2 1/2 over Tennessee
HOUSTON plus-3 over Indianapolis

Road warriors laying with love
New England minus-3 over SAN FRANCISCO
San Diego minus-6 1/2 over MIAMI

Points only, please
Kansas City plus-10 over CAROLINA
Cincinnati plus-16 over DALLAS

Don't need 'em, but I'll take 'em
Minnesota plus-3 over NEW ORLEANS (Monday)

Record: 9-4 last week, 29-28-2 overall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home