Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

4/26/2008

Draft day blog: Gosder quotes

Had a conference call with new Lions offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus a short while ago. He sounds like an interesting man. He grew up in Haiti, moved to the United States at 14, and spent the past five years at Boston College, where he started three seasons at right tackle and last year on the left side.

Here's a few thoughts from Cherilus:

On joining the Lions: "Great. Excited. Overwhelming, but I'm looking forward to it to look with Coach Marinelli and Coach Millen. I'm excited."

What does he know about the Lions: "I can't tell you I know a lot, but I do know they're owned by one of the best owners in the NFL, Mr. Ford. I know Coach Millen's been there for a while, and I know a little bit about Coach Marinelli when he was in Tampa, I know Coach Barry, great guy. I had a chance to work with him. I know some of the guys they drafted, I had a chance to go against them. I did real well and great guys so I plan on coming in and help out wherever they want me, whatever they want me to do. I want to come in and help out right away."

On if he expects to play right tackle or left tackle: "Wherever the team needs me. I belong to the Detroit Lions. If they think I was a better fit for the team at left, that’s what I do. If they think right, that's where they need me, that's what I do. I really don't care right now. I just want to come in and help out."

On how his background playing soccer helped him transition to football: "When I was doing soccer I took a lot of red cards because I was aggressive. Basketball I got fouled out. Once I came here and they introduced me to football I felt like it was the right sport for me because soccer taught me the quick feet, the good feet, and put all that together with me being so aggressive, it was the right fit to be a good offensive lineman."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home